Unified Payment Interface is what is going to ease our transition during the demonetization. It is a new payment service introduced by NPCI, which allows payment transfer between two parties.
- UPI eliminates the need to use any of the bank or card details.
- Needs the users only to operate through their personal mobile phones.
- The registration takes only a few minutes through a UPI enabled app.
- The process is carried forward by a virtual payment address (VPA), which is like an email address.
- The VPA can be created for any bank account using PSP apps such as PhonePe, AXIS Pay, ICICI Pockets etc.
- UPI transactions are real-time. That makes them quick!
- It is the most secure way to make transactions. The 2-Factor authentication is done through an M-Pin.
- UPI has low transaction charges for merchant compared to net banking and credit cards.
- It ensures higher conversions because of lesser hops involved.
With so many advantages, UPI is here to bring a digital revolution in India.
CitrusPay has launched UPI integration in the In-Context Payment (ICP) solution. The In-Context payment is:
- Responsive: seamless experience across all devices
- Zero-redirection with advanced caching payment module
- Multiple retries with different payment modes
- Customized payment experience
- One-tap payments with saved details
UPI in ICP
The In-Context Payment reduces the transaction failure, enables 1-tap payment, works across all devices, allows multiple payment modes. Now it includes “Pay via UPI”
Unified Payment Interface comes automatically integrated with ICP modules. The user needs to only go through a 4-step process to start paying through UPI.
Step 1- User selects UPI and enters his VPA
Step 2- CitrusPay will call bank APIs thus initiating collect pay.
Step 3- Customer needs to authorize payment through M-Pin on the PSP app. M-Pin that has been set by the user for the VPA handle needs to be entered in the customer’s UPI enabled app.
Step 4- Upon M-Pin verification, transaction is completed successfully
UPI in Standard Checkout
Standard checkout is the quickest payment checkout integration solution. We have included “Pay by UPI” in standard checkout as well. The steps involved are similar as those in the In-Context Payment checkout.
Step1- Select UPI as a payment method
Step2- Customer enters their VPA(Virtual Private Address)
Step3- The payment is verified using M-Pin, which is received on user’s registered mobile number
Step4- Payment successful using UPI
The payments done through UPI are easy and real-time. It requires only a couple of parameters to make a successful parameter. A big percentage of people are relying on digital payments. UPI will make this transition smooth. With CitrusPay, UPI comes pre-enabled with Citrus Hosted Checkout and ICP checkout and needs no additional integration effort required.
There’s more! UPI is being included in the Mobile SDKs as well. Soon, you can start accepting payments using UPI through your native mobile App.
Want to see how this whole experience works? Try it here.
Get started with accepting payments through UPI today!